We're recruiting new interns and day volunteers at HCLC
The Law Centre is now recruiting legal graduates as interns & day volunteers for the period Monday 9th April to Friday 29th June 2018.
Volunteering commitment = 1 day per week for 12 weeks
Intern commitment = 4 days per week for 12 weeks.
Applications by CV and deadline for receipt is 5pm on Monday 19th March 2018.
Please use Word or PDF format for CVs.
The intern posts are designed to give exposure to legal graduates who want some insight and experience of social welfare work and an appreciation of a legal specialist funded charity and how it works. It is ideally suited to those currently seeking posts as trainee solicitors or pupil barristers. We will not prioritise qualified solicitors or barristers given the nature of the role.
We are particularly interested in those who have completed the:
- BPTC or equivalent
- Legal Practice Course or equivalent
- LLB or Graduate Diploma in Law (and not currently studying).
- Live within reasonable travel distance of the Centre (London E5 0PD).
Ideally the interns will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- High quality standards of written and spoken English
- An appreciation and acceptance of cultural diversity
- Experience of interacting directly with people at various levels
- Willingness to be flexible
- Willingness to undertake routine and administrative tasks in connection with caseworking when required;
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work under supervision and to follow directions as and when directed;
- Can commit to the position 4 full days per week (or one day as volunteers).
The Law Centre’s business hours are 10am – 5.30pm. Monday to Friday with an hour’s lunch.
We operate an Equal Opportunities policy and expect that all prospective candidates will be familiar with this at the time of contacting us. There is a daily stipend (food and travel) for the 4 day per week posts.
You can register your interest by emailing a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 9th March 2018 and be prepared to attend an open evening on Wednesday 14th March 2018. The evening starts at 7pm.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd March 2018. These dates may be subject to change. *For clarity all applicants must be present in the UK at the time of the interviews. Interviews will not be conducted by Skype.*
For information enquiries please email email@example.com.
***Please ensure you appreciate that the start date for genuinely interested candidates is on or around Monday 9th April 2018*** Candidates looking for summer placements on the same terms as above should keep a watch out for updates on our website. During the summer we regularly host at least one US national and this is also peak holiday time for our reduced team so there may be less opportunity to volunteer than normal.****