HCLC provides essential advice for those who have nowhere to live or are in danger of losing their homes through possession proceedings.
Some of the problems we help people with are: defending possession claims, applying to set aside warrants for eviction, serious disrepair, homelessness, illegal evictions and tenancy status.
We provide legal advice about many of the following issues:
- My landlord is going to evict me next week. Can I do anything to stop this?
- I have received a claim for possession from the County Court for rent arrears. What should I do?
- Does the council have a duty to find me somewhere to live?
- My landlord won’t do any repairs in my home. Can I force them to?
- My partner has moved out. Can I become the tenant?
- The council is taking me to court they’re accusing me of making noise, what can I do?
We also participate in the Duty Representation Scheme at the Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court.
Drop in session:
3.30pm - every Monday - Housing Law Pop-Up service for Hackney residents only at
Hackney Central Library, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ - See a qualified legal advisor in person – no appointment necessary – just turn up!