Hackney Community Law Centre is a charity (registered charity number is: 1016171). That means that we do not make any profits or bonuses from the work that we do. All of the money donated to Hackney Community Law Centre is used only to help the many people who come to us for help and advice.
In recent years, primarily due to social and economic factors relating to the economic downturn, HCLC’s caseload has increased by around 40 per cent, as over 3,000 people used our services. Without your help and financial support, Hackney Community Law Centre would not be able to provide the services that it does.
We are very grateful to the following people and organisations for their donations to the Law Centre:
- Hackney Parochial Charities – for donating £916 towards new legal text books
- Matthew Howgate – for donating a camera to HCLC
- Matrix Chambers – for donating £7,200 towards the funding of interns for HCLC’S Community Law Shops Pop-Up’ Advice Service
- Stephen Rathbone – for putting up new shelving for case files and text books
- Aidan O’Neill QC– for donating his book: ‘EU Law for UK Lawyers’
- Declan O’Callaghan – for donating the LAG book: ‘Housing – an adviser’s handbook‘ by Diana Astin
- Lloyds TSB Foundation for England and Wales – for donating £26,000 towards the HCLC volunteer and intern scheme
- Turner Broadcasting – for repainting HCLC’s offices, including providing all labour and materials free of charge
- Lynn Dalton and Matthew Sparkes from Linklaters – for donating two tickets to the Law Society Excellence Awards 2012
- The Legal Department at HCA International Ltd for donating the Civil Court Practice 2011
- Holt Charitable Trust
- West Hackney Parochial Charities for donating £5,000 towards the continuation of the HCLC Community Law Shops ‘Pop-Up’ Advice Service
- Hackney Unison for donating £100 to HCLC
- Garden Court Chambers for donating £1,000 towards the purchase of new legal text books
- Faegre Baker Daniels for donating £1,500 towards the running of the Centre
- Farrer and Co Charitable Trust for donating £5,000 towards HCLC interns and volunteers programme
- The Justice Gap for raising funds for HCLC by doing the 2014 London Legal Walk
- Sam Mardon at One Man Film for making a wonderful film of HCLC’s 2014 London Legal Walk (featuring Sadiq Khan MP, the Shadow Secretary of State for Justice)
- New Unity Unitarian Church’s Congregation for donating £519.17 to HCLC
- Hackney Umpires Cricket Club for donating the proceeds of sale from its 2014 Year Book to HCLC
- Faegre Baker Daniels Foundation for donating $2,500 towards the running of the Centre
- The Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers for raising funds for HCLC by doing the 2015 London Legal Walk
- Faegre Baker Daniels Foundation for raising funds for HCLC by doing the 2015 London Legal Walk
- Hackney Umpires Cricket Club for donating the proceeds of sale from its 2015 Year Book to HCLC
- West Hackney Parochial Charities for donating £15,000 towards HCLC’s core funding
- Hackney Methodist Church for donating £200 to HCLC
- Faegre Baker Daniels Foundation for raising funds for HCLC by doing the 2016 London Legal Walk
- Lord and Lady Colin and Jill Low for donating £500 to HCLC
- Farrer and Co Charitable Trust for donating £5,000 to HCLC
- Lady Antonia Fraser DBE for donating £5,000 to HCLC.
If you would like to discuss making a donation to the Law Centre – financially or in kind – please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 8985 5236.
You can also become an official Friend of Hackney Community Law Centre.